Tuesday, April 12, 2011

20 More Days!!

So here is where we are currently, I got hooks placed on my teeth for the surgery. This is what surgeon will be using to either put elastics or wires on to hold my mouth closed. They are pretty bothersome as they rip apart my lips. Thank the lord for wax being invented!!



You know I never thought I would ever get here. Hard to believe that in two more weeks give or take (20) more days that I will be getting my jaw surgery WOW!!

I have been reading alot on facebook on a group called We Need/Got Jaw Surgery. It has people's stories and pictures of there progress. Pretty interesting page indeed to the point that someone should say to me " You really should stay off the internet? "  I woke up this morning and the first thing I said to my husband should have of been" Good Morning Hunny" but nope I come out with something " Did you know that you can get mold inside your mouth" yup this is what I came out with, I read this on that facebook page about the people experiences with jaw surgery that you can get mold inside your mouth.  I swear to god that is what someone said and that it is important to get some antiseptic mouth wash or something or other. I thought to myself "EWWWW" Anyways I can see how that can happen as how the heck can you really brush your teeth inside your mouth?

So it will be pretty interesting on how the heck I am gonna cope with not being able to eat. It will prove interesting, not sure what I can eat. I did read some people suggest using a sippy cup. Which I might try out. Sleeping is gonna be a task too as I guess you can't lay on your side. You are suppose to sleep on your back. I am a side sleeper so I am gonna guess I will be pretty tired the first week or so. I don't have a lazy boy or anything like that that I can just stretch out on. May invest in some body pillows to prevent me from rolling over. I also seen this wedge like things at Bed, Bath & Beyond that props your upper body up.

I have been off my meds for my Intersitital Cystitis since April 1 and *knocks on wood* I have been doing really well. My surgeon did give me some sleeping pills though because I am clinching my teeth and he believes I am stressing out about the surgery. He states that isn't a good thing as it is wearing on my jaw bones.

I am really ranting here and I know it all doesn't make sense as it is bits and pieces of what information that I am come across. That is all for now and will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment