Saturday, May 21, 2011

16 Days

It has been indeed a very interesting time these past 16 days lol. Alot of changes has gone on from a swollen face to not to sure of the face now. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be negative here but it is a big adjustment. You see yourself for 40 years a certain way and then you look in the mirror and you don't see you anymore it's an adjustment. I talked to the surgeon about this and he told me that he didn't want to be gory but he peeled off the muscles on my face to get to the jaw bone. He told me it will take time for my face to contour and my muscles in my face are lazy right now as they have been through alot. I kinda had an idea about muscles part I did watch some videos and the can get pretty gory lol. I watched the videos after the fact by the way haha.

I'm excited and nervous on how I will look when this is all done with. I will be happy to have a new smile that will be so weird to not feel my top teeth come out when I smile. I'll be so excited to do and see that. Right now I have bands on my back teeth that prevent me from opening my mouth and when I smile I look like the joker LOL.

My heart honestly goes out to the people who have to be banded for more then a week or two. I heard people having to be 6 weeks with these rotten things on. It is tough on a person, as all you can do is liquids and it can be very trying on your patience. So for those out there that is banded longer then I hope to be I do honestly sympathize with you and wish you ALL the best on your venture.

Well here is to a new face bring it on !!! It will take time and I know when I look back at this I will say
" It was so worth it " I just need wait and stop being so impatience. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment